Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Saturday, August 18, 2012
In Mechelen, Belgium, recently opened a new ecodesign store called „ Super Goods“. Super Goods offers a large variety of environmentally friendly and ethical products, ranging from furniture and homeware to clothing and accessories. The Super Goods shop device says it all “Good stuff for good people”: products designed by small European and international producers with respect for the environment and social rights of workers. All items are made from recycled, overstock, fair trade or otherwise sustainable materials.
Shop owners, the Belgian Finnish couple Tonny Van Bavel and Anne Hilden, started dreaming about their eco design shop in 2011 but it wasn´t until they found the perfect location in the “Onze-Lieve-Vrouwestraat” that they started making concrete plans. The building became available on July 1st which meant they only had 2 months to set up their store before the big opening. Hard work, but they managed to open their doors in August and the result is stunning!
If Mechelen is too far to visit, you can also visit their online shop or follow Super Goods on facebook or on pinterest.
These are my favorite items: The flying birds necklace by Finnish designer Poola Kataryna / the second chance Laura dress / the bright green enveloppe bag by Deux Filles en Fil / the pickle pot lamp - I am waiting for the lamp to arrive and can´t wait to hang it in my kitchen.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
The aztek print is a hype ... I know and I like it. But I am also in love with more simple abstract shapes. Especially triangle prints seem to work for me lately, in clothing as well as in accessories.
You don´t have to look long, to find beautiful things online decorated with cute triangles.
Here are some of my favorites:
1. A neon pink triangle tote bag from Little bright studio. The tote bag is made with organic canvas and on sale at the moment.
2. A box of 12 coloured magnets to form different shapes with from Paper plane home. This webshop has so many beautiful items for your home.
3. A peach coloured triangle patterned notebook from MintAfternoon.
4. The prettiest decorative tape in different colours can be found at Seventytree. This is also a good place to find original postcards and artwork.
5. Go extreme with a bright triangle wall as seen on the Poppytalk blogspot.
6. A cool camera needs a cool camera strap. You can find this lovely piece on Designlovefest.